Subject: bios-related panic
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/01/2000 13:20:55
I just started seeing this panic on -current (2/1/00) on an old
toshiba t4800ct:

    using 300 buffers containing 1320 KB of memory
    kernel: potection fault trap, code=0
    stopped in swapper at bios32_servcice+0x13: lcall *0(%edi)
    db> trace

Does this mean that this isa-bus machine has finally gotten so old I
can't use a slightly stripped down generic on it any more and I have
to start commenting out anything with pci in its name?

Its kind of a pain to have different kernels on the different machines
and up to now I've been fortunate enough that I've been able to find
one config that fits all.

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
DGPS signals via the Internet