Subject: Re: Nostalgic blathering (deleteme)... - DELETE ME TOO!!! Especially!!
To: Bob Pearson <bobp@sevenofnine.erols.com>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/29/2000 20:30:14
> Multics actually stood for MULTiplexed Information and Computing
> Service [ okay, so they cheated on the ULT :-) ].

I always heard it as "Multiple Users Losing Totally In Core Simultaneously."

To get back to the origin of this thread (cut and paste making coding mistakes
too easy), at the recent MacWorld SF, the folks at Bungie Software were doing
"TV" broadcasts via the Internet from their booth, and included tours of their
two development studios (Bungie does games).  The host of the tour of their
San Jose facility referred to the programmers as "the cut and pasters", because
"that's all there is to programming, right?"

(Obligatory geezing:  Gosling's Emacs?  Why, I've been using these here
editting macros since they were written in TECO!  Hey, why isn't there a
TECO in pkgsrc?  I'll have to dig one up, I guess.)