Subject: Re: Nostalgic blathering (deleteme)... - DELETE ME TOO!!! Especially!!
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/29/2000 23:08:17
[ On Saturday, January 29, 2000 at 20:30:14 (-0500), John F. Woods wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Nostalgic blathering (deleteme)... - DELETE ME TOO!!! Especially!!
>
> (Obligatory geezing:  Gosling's Emacs?  Why, I've been using these here
> editting macros since they were written in TECO!  Hey, why isn't there a
> TECO in pkgsrc?  I'll have to dig one up, I guess.)

To come full circle I should note that the first truly extensible Emacs,
and especially the first one using lisp as the extension language, was
Bernie Greenberg's which was written in Multics MACLISP, of course!

The fascinating history of Multics Emacs is finally online:

	ftp://ftp.stratus.com/pub/vos/multics/tvv/mepap.html

I actually did use Gosling Emacs slightly before I used Multics Emacs.
I never used GNU Emacs until relatively recently.  I can't say that I've
ever used TECO though....

--
							Greg A. Woods