Subject: Re: driver for webgear aviator 2.4 card
To: Christian E. Hopps <>
From: John Hayward <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/2000 11:11:08
I looked up the stuff on webgear's home page and it seems that the
PRO has a "base unit" which looks like it connects via network to a
computer and and remote units.  The aviator 2.4 does not.

I looked up what CompUSA had on their web page and they indicated
WebGear Aviator Pro but the graphic was of an Aviator 2.4

After wasting over 1 hour at one CompUSA store last night and interacting
with 5 sales persons who could not find the unit I went out this morning
to a different CompUSA store and picked up the Aviator 2.4 unit - they had
no Aviator Pro which is what they had on the web.

The box had marked out the number of isa cards and written in a 2 - it
seems the box was printed with only 1 isa card but I should be getting

Will test things out this evening to see if the unit works - I'm keeping
my sale slip just in case.