Subject: Re: 8-space indents considered harmful
To: Paul A Vixie <>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2000 12:31:39
Always nice to hear you there, Paul.

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> > 2) Ignore the research, damn the torpedos, if it was good enough for my
> >    grandaddy, then it's good enough for me! approach.
> i'm like, there, man.

I think people (except perhaps dermouse) have figured out that the option (2)
was meant to be humorous (and I'm glad Paul caught that!), but I'm really left

If we think that research is important, and we believe that research helps us
build a better system, then shouldn't we at least -try- it?

And please those who question this particular research, please contact the
researchers directly!

-Mike Cheponis