Subject: Re: driver for webgear aviator 2.4 card
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@merit.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2000 15:10:34
"Neil A. Carson" <carson@causality.com> writes:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>
> > Wait... that's for *TWO* cards?  Wow, I must have just totally spaced that
> > when I looked at the box :-)
> >
> > Maybe I'll head to Fry's after my dentist appt today :-)
>
> Yes, you should. I got mine from Frys in Palo Alto for 149 bucks, with the
> 2 PCMCIA cards and two ISA<->PCMCIA bridges. As there wasn't a driver
> yesterday I have set the whole lot up on my Windows machines instead, but
> even then (after some really pants instructions) it works very well. I get
> 140KB/sec sustained on FTPs, although the battery life of my Vaio isn't
> quite what it used to be :-) But for 150 bucks you can't really argue.

BTW.. that reminds (and yes I plan on writing a mangpage :)  If you want
to interoperate with windows you need to set the link0 flag.

Windows uses a different than standard encapsulation (Ethernet2 in
802.11) and setting link0 will instruct the driver to use this
encapsulation.  Otherwise it will use LLC/SNAP.

Chris.