Subject: Re: driver for webgear aviator 2.4 card
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2000 08:09:10
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:41:19 +0100
 Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net> wrote:

 > It's around $150 for 2 (two) PCMCIA cards and one PCMCIA-ISA adapter.
 > So if you buy this $150 kit, you plug the adapter (and one card in it) in your
 > stationary machine, and the other card in your laptop. And, voila!, you're
 > networked!  I've not seen any cards that are even close to the price of the
 > WebGear cards.

Wait... that's for *TWO* cards?  Wow, I must have just totally spaced that
when I looked at the box :-)

Maybe I'll head to Fry's after my dentist appt today :-)

..my only concern is being able to operate in Infrastructure mode; I don't
want to have to NAT a separate subnet for the wireless...

 > Thanks for the driver, Christian!

Indeed!