Subject: Re: driver for webgear aviator 2.4 card
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2000 09:16:08
On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 11:07:49PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>  Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> wrote:
>  > > add driver for raylink/aviator wireless 802.11 FH 2Mbps cards, currently only
>  > > tested with aviator 2.4
>  >
>  > Hmm, now _I_'d like to hear how cheap is 'cheap'? :-)
>
> $149US at Fry's.

Hmm, not bad.  Sorry for the dumb questions, but what is required to network
a laptop using these cards - do I need two cards (and a PCMCIA slot on some
other machine as well) or does the card come with a base station or..?

Would be nice to rid of the Ethernet cable going to the laptop.. (although
it's a bit too cold for outside computing at the moment (-21 C or -6 F
(which reminds me of the bug in the "units" command: it knows to multiply
by 9/5, but it doesn't know to add 32 F to the result.)))

  -jm