Subject: Re: ARGSUSED and friends
To: der Mouse <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?B?SmFyb23tciBEb2xl6GVr?= <dolecek@sky.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/22/2000 20:05:34
>> One thing that lint does pick up that gcc does not is cross module
>> problems.
>
>True.  But -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes plus the discipline
>to keep all prototypes in common .h files, with no function prototyped

Other thing which lint catched for me while cc was happy about (not just
gcc, bunch of other C compilators, on Sun, IRIX, True64 Unix, that
K&R bestie on HP-UX too), were write-only variables. I.E. variables,
which were initialized, but their value was actually never used.
This and hope lint would find something actually important
is reason why I _use_ lint to check my sources occassionally.
I just ignore the warnings, which are bogus :)

Jaromir