Subject: Re: a new KNF (and some comments)
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Christian E. Hopps <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/21/2000 22:15:18 (Peter Seebach) writes:

> In message <>, Noriyuki Soda writes:
> >As far as I can say, it is not so inefficent.
> >And keeping solid ABI is, what OS vendor should do.
> Up to a point, I agree - but this is a lot less severe than the a.out/ELF
> switch.  So, perhaps for a while we provide an "old" libc.

This argument continues but I'm wondering: ``Do we even have any of these
whacko prototypes in our ABI?''  Its not worth arguing about how we
might screw our users if we won't. :)

I was under the impression that one was supposed _avoid_ using < int
sized types, all the time, precisely becuase of the __P() lossage.