Subject: Re: Time to update KNF?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/20/2000 04:43:05
> It's possible to reach a readable medium
> which isn't quite as terse as cfe(prs) without being quite so blathering
> as check_for_error(current_parse).

True.   However, in a complicated program, you still wind up with
three-word function names even if you write errcheck and not
check_for_error.

> Equally, I think I'd puke if braces were always on the subsequent line
> AND indented.  One or the other, but not both.

Don't ever look at any GNU code, then - I was copying the GNU coding
style there.

> Sorry if this is a waste of bandwidth, but I hardly think that
> it's out of vogue in this thread to state one's opinion, however
> unpopular it may seem.

Obviously not, and it's not clear to me that my opinion is more
popular than yours.   :')

			       _MelloN_