Subject: Re: ARGSUSED and friends
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/20/2000 12:22:56
According to der Mouse:

>Oh, certainly.  I didn't propose to actually *run* that program.

Yeah that was understood.  My point was that lint complaining was not unreasonable.

>If it makes you feel better, try

Yeah, again the casting is a bit dodgy.  Unfortunately, there does not
seem to be a lint directive to tell it "Just shutup and swallow the
next cast please", something like /* CASTOK */ or something would be
nice.

>I get the warning out of that too.  As I said, if silencing lint means
>doing no pointer casts, it's Just Not Worth It.

Agreed, I think it just needs a directive that can be used to silence
lint where necessary.

> To me, that borders on
>"warning: variable names don't rhyme".

Isn't is a crime