Subject: Re: Time to update KNF?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/19/2000 11:25:34
On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 10:31:23AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 10:48:26AM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
>
> > This I've been thinking of mentioning - how many people are stuck with
> > 80 columns these days?
>
> I'm not stuck. But:
>
> - I can place two 80 column xterms side by side, and an additional afterstep
>   doc, on a medium sized X screen.
>
> - I can edit the same document from the text console, if need should be.
>
> - Besides, using more then 3 or 4 indentation levels makes code unreadable,
>   IMO.

I forgot to admit:

Yes, I do goto's occasionally. When I test function parameters and thei're
in error, I return. When I'd need cleanup first, I have a cleanup section
at the end of the function (behind the normal return) that does all the
cleanup that is needed and returns, and I goto there.

	-is
--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of