Subject: Re: Time to update KNF?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/19/2000 10:31:23
On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 10:48:26AM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:

> This I've been thinking of mentioning - how many people are stuck with
> 80 columns these days?

I'm not stuck. But:

- I can place two 80 column xterms side by side, and an additional afterstep
  doc, on a medium sized X screen.

- I can edit the same document from the text console, if need should be.

- Besides, using more then 3 or 4 indentation levels makes code unreadable,
  IMO. If you don't believe this, look at the examples in the Amiga Kernel
  Reference Manuals.

	-is
--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of