Subject: PHY problems
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/14/2000 17:46:18
I'm trying to get my Linksys USB-Ethernet adapter to work.
It has a Broadcom BCM5201 PHY which is misbehaving.
After resetting the PHY most of the bits in the device registers
make sense, expect that the PHY claims there is link even when
nothing is connected to the adapter.  Furthermore, my hub does
not detect any link when the device is plugged in, so something
is wrong.  Does anyone have any experience whith this PHY?
Or just suggestions on what to try.  The PHY is driven by the ukphy
driver right now.  I've asked for data sheets from Broadcom, but
nothing has appeared yet.

--

        -- Lennart