Subject: Re: tape drive tweak
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Dave Olson <olson@bengaltech.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/12/2000 01:35:47
Toru Nishimura wrote:
|  I have a weird SCSI tape drive which responds to all of 8 LUN.  Dmesg
|  is included at the bottom of this message.  It's a compact cassette
|  tape drive made by TEAC that holds up to 155MB volume.  Specification
|  and details are not known this moment.  Any solution?

This kind of behavior is actually not uncommon, if you work with
enough "weird" SCSI devices.  The typical solution is to add a
table of devices that shouldn't be believed for LUN other than zero
in the OS'es I've dealt with.  Ugly, but it works.  See all the devices
that have SDEV_NOLUNS set in scspi/scsiconf.c, for example (and the code
in scsi_probedev that uses it to treat such devices specially).

Dave Olson
Owned by 6 cats, owner of none...
Personal:  olson@bengaltech.com        Work:  olson@geocast.com
           http://www.bengaltech.com          http://www.geocast.com