Subject: What filesystem does mount_msdos read? FAT? VFAT? FAT32?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/04/2000 15:55:25
I've had no luck trying to mount a "windows" (VFAT) formatted
zip disk under netbsd 1.4.0 1.4.1 or 1.3.2. I've had no trouble using the zip
drive itself, working fine with newfs. I just get the error
message: no rdb found when trying to mount one. mount_msdos
works perfectly with floppies, just zip disks give me trouble.
Has anyone had success in wr access to PC formatted zip disks?

Thanks

Ben Bogart
NetBSD 1.4.0, GENERIC Kernel, Amiga 3000, 24MB Ram, 2.1GB HD, EGS Spectrum Card.

"CPU clock speed is nothing--system architecture is everything."
 - John Blommers, Hewlett-Packard