Subject: Re: upcalls?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/10/1999 11:34:47
On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 12:16:59PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 20:57:11 +0100
>  Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl> wrote:
>
>  > Well, we'd certainly need doors too if we want to get the emulation right :-)
>
> Isn't Solaris source easily available to academic institutions these days?
>
> Pretty good documentation on the systems calls, if you ask me...

Yes, but shouldn't we refrain from actually looking at it?

Besides, last I looked, the licensing conditions claim that you have to
put the stuff on a isolated machine without network connection,
terminals, floppies, monitors, printers, tapes, or power connected.
Well, I exaggerated slightly... but not much.

Regards,
	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of