Subject: Re: upcalls?
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/10/1999 02:55:35

	:
> I don't believe there were any major changes to the thread library
> design since 2.0, so any differences between 2.5 and 2.6 should be
> mostly cosmetic.

Please look at the following document:
"Sun Solaris Operating Environment Version 2.6, A White Paper"
http://www.sun.com/software/white-papers/wp-solaris2.6/index.html#996814

This page says that:

	This section describes new features to help developers dealing
	with large files (over 2 Gbytes), multithreaded applications,
	and X servers and libraries. Large file semantics are
	supported on UFS, NFS, and CacheFS file systems.
		:
	      [snip]
		:
	Scheduler Activation - Scheduler activations provide
	additional kernel-scheduling support for multithreaded
	applications.

Don't you believe Sun's white paper about Solaris 2.6?
--
soda