Subject: Re: >4GB of memory on i386
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/05/1999 18:41:56
While looking at allocsys(), I also noticed one more gotcha -
physmem couldn't be int anymore since it's 32bit on i386. That
fact would poison bunch of other kernel variables as well. It would
probably be necessary to split it into two variables - one for
actual physical memory available in machine and one for maximum
physical memory available for one process.

Anyway, physmem and friends should be unsigned. I didn't look
at the sources, but does NetBSD actually work on archs
with 32bit, default signed ints with more than 2GB of memory ?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, damn it!  @@@@