Subject: Re: "userland" threads
To: None <explorer@flame.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/29/1999 22:23:35
	:
> > http://www-masuda.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/publications/theses.html
> > Masuda Laboratory Theses
> >
> > It appears that Atsushi Ohnoki wrote and implemented a user/kernel-thread
> > mechanism for NetBSD in the spring of 1997, upon which he based his master's
> > thesis. I had acquired a paper copy of the thesis, and it (the paper) was
> > good. I don't have permission to republish it. I haven't been able to track
> > down Mr. Ohnoki through the University, and my requests to have an electronic
> > copy, as well as my request to convert and web-publish the document,
> > were unanswered (but earlier requests were).
>
> (although I have not read a copy of the paper.)

The following techical report is interesting, too.
	http://www.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/tech-reports/TR94-02-letter.ps.gz

	Shigekazu Inohara and Takashi Masuda.
	A framework for minimizing thread management overhead based on
	asynchronous cooperation between user and kernel schedulers.
	Technical Report 94-02,
	Department of Information Science, Faculty of Science,
	University of Tokyo, jan 1994.
--
soda