Subject: Re: COMPAT_AOUT vs COMPAT_13
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/23/1999 11:51:54
On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, der Mouse wrote:

: This was with a 1999-08-13 source tree; has it been fixed since?  It
: appears on cursory inspection to be due to compat_13_machdep.c being
: pulled in only when COMPAT_13, but all the other compatability routines
: referred to in aout_sysent being in libcompat and hence available to be
: linked in regardless of COMPAT_ options.
:
: It was on a SPARC, but I'm sending to tech-kern because the cause
: doesn't *look* SPARC-specific.

Well, since the rest of libcompat is built unconditionally from MI code, I'd
say we should go uniform and do the same for compat_13_machdep.c (as long as
it goes in libcompat as well).

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)