Subject: Re: codeset recoding engine
To: itojun@iijlab.net, Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/15/1999 18:58:32
On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 08:51:30AM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> 	Sorry I may not follow the discussion, but...
> 	Please don't ever, ever hardcode something to utf-8.  There are
> 	character sets that contain characters that are not covered in utf-8.
> 	It is NOT universal.

if this is the case, we'll have to do the conversion apiece..., but we'll
need (n-1)*(n-1) translators, instead of (2n - 2).

So, each process wouldh have one translation table (pointer) per mount point?

	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of