Subject: Re: Recent fs instability
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/07/1999 20:49:06
On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 11:06:59PM -0800, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> sounds like you're running -current, eh?  running 1.87 of ncr.c, right?

Yes.

> have you tried back-rev'ing any or all of the recent changes to ncr.c?

Well, the weird thing is that I compiled a kernel from a newer current and
now it works. Note that the previous kernel has worked too, but I didn't
power up my machine for about 1 week and when I've tried to use it again
it failed. I wonder if my kernel binary didn't get corrupted in the
meantime ...
I think we can tell this was not a problem from NetBSD.

> Could your tell me if you see this problem after changing the #if 0 to
> #if 1 in ncr_settags()?
>
> Also, have you seen any queue full or other assertion failure
> messages?

No, no such messages. Only the one I reported here ...