Subject: PCMCIA card strangeness
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/06/1999 00:29:35
I have a PCMCIA ethernet card that comes up as a "linksys combo"
card.  However, it isn't.  It has the linksys vendor id and the "combo
card" product id, but it isn't.

Reading the comments in pcmciadev, there is another card that has the
same problem.  I copied that entry, updated the flags to have the
magic value, and fixed up the ethernet prefix:

    { PCMCIA_STR_LINKSYS_COMBO_ECARD,
      PCMCIA_VENDOR_LINKSYS, PCMCIA_PRODUCT_LINKSYS_COMBO_ECARD,
      PCMCIA_CIS_LINKSYS_COMBO_ECARD,
      0, -1, { 0x00, 0xe0, 0x98 }, NE2000DVF_DL10019 },

This makes it read the ethernet address and actually work.

How does one add a hack like this into the if_ne_pcmcia.c file, in a
way that won't break the real combo card?

--Michael