Subject: NetBSD + Ericsson I888 World phone
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/02/1999 23:09:57
Greetings,

Am trying to use this on a VAIO laptop, getting it to talk via the third
serial port which is the IRDA. On Win98, if I move it nearby, it 'bongs'
and talks. However under BSD I have tried all baud rates etc and can't
get a response to an ATZ out of it.

I know the IRDA is basically working as I have had two PCs talking to
each other with minicom at 115k, sending files etc. Does it maybe
require a different IRDA mode, and if so is there any work in the NetBSD
kernel being performed to support other such modes? Apparently the thing
works with the Linux IRDA stuff, but of course I don't want (and never
will :) ) to install that.

Has anyone succeeded at getting this to work?

	Neil

PS. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong list, but I wasn't
immediately sure which was the 'right' one.