Subject: Re: UPAGES on sparc? [was: pkg/8728: lavaps broken on sparc (fwd)]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/02/1999 00:16:27
Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de> writes:
> Right now __FreeBSD__ is unset, so the first case should be used.
> Any ideas/patches against process_scan_freebsd.cc ?

OK, well, on ports that have a constant NBPG and therefore can sanely
define UPAGES, UPAGES * NBPG = USPACE.  The intent on the sparc is
that you've got a variable page size, so you've got a variable number
of UPAGES.

That identity should tell you all you need to know to fix the code.
(UPAGES = USPACE / NBPG, but note that the latter's not a constant on
the sparc and you've therefore gotta get it from the kernel. 8-)

cgd