Subject: Re: New submission: RFS
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: None <gimpl@us.ibm.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/19/1999 14:22:13
>Best thing is to wrap up diffs against 1.4 and send them in as a
>change-request PR via `send-pr'.  That'll get put the diffs where
>anyone can wants will find them, it should get someone looking at
>them, looking at portability gotchas (e.g., 64-bits, big-endian) and
>(if any) intellectual-property hurdles.  Heck, we may even offer you
>a developer account to maintain PWSI.

I've done diffs for the existing files: /usr/src/sys/conf/files,
/usr/src/sys/sys/malloc.h,
/usr/src/sys/sys/mount.h, /usr/src/sys/sys/vnode.h, and
/usr/src/sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c.
What I'm at a loss for is how to use patch to create a directory worth of files.
  I need
to add /usr/src/sys/rfs and /usr/src/sbin/mount_rfs to the system.  Is the best
way to
use patch for the delta, and a tar file for the new directories?

The history of the code has seen 64-bits, powerpc 603, powerpc 403, and intel,
so
the only hurdle left is the I-P Dept.

Thanks for any 'send-pr' help,
Dave.