Subject: Re: Error in -current kernel build
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/14/1999 10:46:46
Bill Studenmund wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Paul Goyette wrote:
>
> > I've got the latest sources (as far as I can tell) and when I try to
> > "make depend" into a completely clean compile/xxx directory, I get
> >
> > 	../../../../ddb/db_debugger.c:39: wsdisplay.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > Now, where is this file supposed to be, and why can't I find it?  :)
>
> You can't find it because mac68k doesn't use wscons (support is on a
> branch). :-)
>
> jd, any ideas on how to fix?

I've got two of them.

1. hack all the ports not using wscons to have something like
	defopt wsdisplay.h NWSDISPLAY
   in the conf/files.$ARCH
2. avoid the problem by backing-up my last Debugger() changes,
	since they are mostly useless as they
	are now. It's possible to freely switch between textual wscons
	screens even when you are in DDB (doing it automatically
	is just unnecessary bloat) and the code currently fails to
	switch to console from graphical screen anyway.

I'd probably vote for the latter, unless I find some good way
to switch away of graphical screen. We may possibly keep the MD
specific DDB entry function as cpu_Debugger() and either update
the callers to use cpu_Debugger() instead of Debugger() or
provide appropriate define in <systm.h> (the latter is probably
better).

Opinions ?
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
"The only way how to get rid temptation is to yield to it." -- Oscar Wilde