Subject: PPPoE redux
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/11/1999 13:10:26
As I mentioned a while ago, I now find I care about PPPoE.  I have a
working implementation that uses bpf to speak to the Ethernet and a
pseudo-tty to speak to pppd, but not great.  So I'd
like to put it into the kernel.

But this means some fairly major surgery on the existing code.  Not as
great as I'd feared; it looks as though someone took care to keep the
PPP code proper well separated from the serial-line stuff.  But there
is a fair bit of work to be done.

The reason I'm writing here is to ask: is anyone presently working on
this?  I want to avoid duplicating effort, coming up with incompatible
ways of doing things, or worse, doing it in a Wrong Way.

					der Mouse