Subject: switching to console upon Debugger() call ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/10/1999 13:50:34
Hi,
it always annoys me when testing something and I get panic just
when I'm on different wsdisplay screen. Even through I have
ddb.onpanic=0, the kernel will drop into DDB prompt when page fault
or something like that happens. Since I am on different screen, I
can't reboot the box cleanly or see what went wrong and have to
hit the red button.

It would be cool and not very hard to switch the screen to console
(or better said to wsdisplay screen 0) on Debugger() call. Since
Debugger() is currently MD and duplicating the code for switching
to console screen on each port is not very practical, doing this right
would need to make Debugger() MI, rename the current Debugger() to,
say, cpu_Debugger() and calling it after the screen is sanified.

Anyone sees any problem with doing this ?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
"The only way how to get rid temptation is to yield to it." -- Oscar Wilde