Subject: Re: partition bookkeeping
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/04/1999 22:41:13
>> Sure, if you can afford to throw three or more disks into each of
>> your boxes (noise, heat, power consumption), you can get along
>> pretty well.  But, not all the world is an i386 maxi tower.

> Well, in this country IDE drives are < 100$, and surplus 4GB or less
> SCSI drives are < 200$.  Still, your point makes sense.

As I feel sure you are aware, not everyone is in that country.

And quite aside from that, there are issues of noise, heat, and power
consumption.  And another one, actually, which is more significant in
many cases: physical space - not all machines have enough drive bay
space to load them up with drives.  Indeed, I occasionally see machines
that have no expansion space at all.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca