Subject: Re: umountall order switchable ?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/01/1999 12:25:29
On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> I just thought the option to force the kernel do the unmounts
> in opposite order might be useful even for someone else sometimes.
> If it's not so, I'll just live with it the way it is and will fix
> the ntfs :)

I think the fact that the filesystems mounted later are sitting on top of
nodes in the earlier-mounted filesystems will mess things up if we
unmount in mount order. For instance, unmounting / successfully will
invalidate all of the device nodes on which the other filesystems are
mounted. :-)

Take care,

Bill