Subject: RE: SCSI network
To: Yubyub Bird <yubyub@mail.com>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/01/1999 13:32:29
On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Yubyub Bird wrote:

> [...]

Take a look at http://www.globalfilesystem.org, which is a filesystem
which can be shared between two (or more?) Linux hosts on the same SCSI
bus.  It uses SCSI-3 features to store metadata locks in the RAM in each
disk, and the locks time out (so the filesystem doesn't hang if the host
holding a lock suddenly goes away).  Although this is being developed
under Linux, they're talking about porting it to other systems (including
*BSD) once it's reasonably stable.

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |