Subject: SCSI network
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/01/1999 02:08:42
I'm contemplating using SCSI interfaces as a networking medium.  Does
anyone have any thoughts on where I should look for (a) convincing a
machine that it should speak on other than ID 7 or (b) convincing a
machine to respond as if it were a drive, ie, to respond to another
device on the bus attempting to contact it?  If necessary I'm prepared
to make the link asymmetric, with one of the hosts distinctly in
control of what happens, though I'd prefer to avoid that.

Oh, it is also important that both hosts be able to speak to disks on
the bus.  (Yes, I do intend to make sure they use disjoint subsets of
the drives present. :-)

In case this is hardware-dependent, the machines I'm considering doing
this with are SPARCstations (ELC, 1+, IPX); if necessary I can dedicate
a Sun-3/60 to it.

					der Mouse