Subject: Re: UBC status
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/30/1999 10:47:47
On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Eduardo E. Horvath wrote:

# Interesting....  I think that Sun is still having problems with the
# 2-handed clock algorithm they use for page scanning.  We may be able to
# get a similar effect by adding a separate active or inactive list for
# buffer cache pages.

That's an interesting statement; I was under the impression that
the two-handed sweep had been around since about SVR0, or at least
SVR2.  Or maybe it was a Berkelification, but I didn't think that
Sun had invented it.  I learned about it from a SysV internals class
I was in, where there was the scan rate, i.e. how quickly the first hand
scanned the pages, and the validation interval (or some such) which
was how close the second hand was to the first one.

Or is this something different that I'm not catching?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: we put the Net in NetBSD.