Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.4.1:/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/files.pci?
To: None <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Bernhard Riedel <bernhard@sdg.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/30/1999 07:44:47

Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org> writes:

>This simply means that the SCSI 'files file' must be included first,
>to 'define the SCSI files.'

Aaah, now I understand, thank you for your explanation.

>(Personally, I think it's a bad choice of wording.)

How about something quite unlike
"Needs declarations from the SCSI config file you therefore must include before this one."

My English isn't good enough to make that sentence shorter/clearer, sorry.

>failure to follow config(8) syntax/semantics, will (if detected 8-)

In the course of kernel-shrinking I had one that failed at the last possible
 moment due to a missing external, I'll try to dig that one out.
Finally found it, will try to narrow the problem down first.
Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Cheers, Bernhard.

$ mkdir x y
$ mkfifo x/z y/z
$ diff -r x y
File x/z is a fifo while file y/z is a fifo
$