Subject: Re: renaming /boot to /boot_
To: None <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/28/1999 11:17:14
This started out as a pmax-only discussion but it's really an MI issue
that could affect all two-stage boot ports.  Here's a summary of the
initial discussion:

    Simon Burge:

	Does anyone have any technical or philosophical arguments against
	renaming /boot to /pmaxboot?  This is primarily to support
	multi-platform boot media (such as CD ROMs)...

	How about bootpmax - to group different boots together under ls :)

    Andy Doran:

    matthew green:

	heh; i had thought boot_pmax like we have fsck_xxx, mount_xxx, etc...

and that's where it got upto before being moved to tech-kern.

I'm happy with the boot_<arch> idea (as long as ``_'' is a valid
character in a standard cd9660 filename).  Comments from anyone else?