Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.4.1:/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/files.pci?
To: Bernhard Riedel <bernhard@sdg.de>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/27/1999 09:48:17
Bernhard Riedel <bernhard@sdg.de> writes:
> >#       $NetBSD: files.pci,v 1.54 1999/03/25 00:51:53 explorer Exp $
> >#
> ># Config file and device description for machine-independent PCI code.
> ># Included by ports that need it.  Requires that the SCSI files be
> ># defined first.

This simply means that the SCSI 'files file' must be included first,
to 'define the SCSI files.'  (Personally, I think it's a bad choice of
wording.)

There is no requirement on the order of the declarations with
files.pci (or any other files file), except that if thing B uses thing
A, thing A must be declared first.  Some of the files in the PCI list
use declarations from the SCSI files file, so it must have been
included first.

Failure to do this, as with any failure to follow config(8)
syntax/semantics, will (if detected 8-) cause config(8) to spit out
error messages and die when you configure a kernel.

cgd