Subject: Re: UBC status
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/26/1999 12:03:50
> [T]he message you sent seemed to consist of very little more than
> (paraphrasing) "everything else is a kluge, FreeBSD's is perfect, we
> should do it the FreeBSD way."

Provided they're motivated by technical merit rather than "this group
has the One True Way" fanaticism, I have no problem with such messages.
(Perhaps the FreeBSD way is in fact the right way on this point.  I
don't know enough about it to comment even if I were competent to
comment on it, which do not think I am.)

And, of course, provided that such messages aren't ubiquitous to the
point of being annoying in their own right.  Perhaps you found this
message annoying in its own right - clearly you did, from what you
wrote - but since its author hasn't written enough to tech-kern to even
make it onto my radar as a regular contributor (much less as a FreeBSD
apologist), I think a more moderate response would be in order.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca