Subject: Re: UBC status
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/25/1999 13:33:31
On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> "Eduardo E. Horvath" wrote:
>
> > Either give a technical description or shut up but stop advertizing other
> > operating systems on a technical NetBSD mailing list.
>
> I don't know what to say :-)
>
> If you are unable to consider examining something which does a job well
> in order to study and improve upon it, then, I mean, you might just as
> well give up everything right now!!!
>
> Almost all active software development involves improving on something
> that's done better elsewhere. If you don't want to know where to look
> for what works well and what doesn't (and there have been both negative
> and positive comments regarding all OSs in my posts on this thread) then
> just ignore the messages---don't flame them for the sake of it.

I appologize since I notice you did send a message with good technical
content later.  However, the message you sent seemed to consist of very
little more than (paraphrasing) "everything else is a kluge, FreeBSD's is
perfect, we should do it the FreeBSD way."  I jumped the gun, trying to
forstall another longwinded argument involving personal opinions and
disinformation being put forth as TRUTH such as the recent argument over
the merits of VM page reservation.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@one-o.com
	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me