Subject: Re: core file name format: diffs
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/22/1999 10:57:40
>> Given how limcopy() works, I think there is also a use-after-free
>> bug: [...]

> Arg, you're rigth. I don't know what's the best here:
> a) add a refcount for pl_corename
> b) always do a malloc() in limcopy() if pl_corename != defcorename

I'd prefer (b) - significantly less complicated.  Since normally only
shells mess with limits anyway, and seldom except at startup, I don't
expect it to be a very large penalty, even given the current behavior
you describe of calling limcopy() when setting any limit even if the
values match the current ones.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca