Subject: Re: sysctlfs [was: Re: core file name format: diffs]
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/20/1999 17:23:58
Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 05:07:00PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >
> > I'd really love to see a filesystem-frontend to sysctl.
> > (Just mumbling to myself, mostly. I know that I got the source, etc. :-)
>
> An extention to kernfs ?

Ah, that means that the info will be on three places then ? I.E.
the code in kernel, symbolic names in sysctl and the same symbolic names
in kernfs ?

This really needs to be though out. IMHO changing sysctl(2) to accept
string params would be the right thing to do.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
"The only way how to get rid temptation is to yield to it." -- Oscar Wilde