Subject: PCDISPLAY_SOFTCURSOR
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/20/1999 17:13:36
Folks, couple of points that I'd appreciate some feedback on.

Firstly, concerns have been expressesd about documenting this in the
pcdisplay(4) manpage, given that such a manpage might not be sufficiently
useful to warrant looking in there too often and learning about this. Is
there a better place to put this? My own feeling is that options(4) is
really for more 'orphaned' options.

Secondly, given the intertwined nature of pcdisplay/vga, it's not at all
clear that this should be called PCDISPLAY_SOFTCURSOR at all (i.e. it will
work on arches that don't use pcdisplay _explicitly_, e.g. alpha/bebox).
Calling it VGA_SOFTCURSOR isn't much better either, since pcdisplay claims
to support EGA and VGA devices too.

Comments?

- ad