Subject: Re: Executing block devices
To: Hubert Feyrer <feh39068@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/20/1999 17:08:33
On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 05:01:38PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > - do we want this?
>
> Whan can we do with it? (Sorry, I'm a bit clueless about how I'd make use
> of that, other than some artificial "cat binary >blockdevice ;
> blockdevice").

you can "cat binary >blockdevice; blockdevice".

What can you do with executable VREGs other than:

newfs_$YOURFAVOURITEFILESYSTEM associatedrawdevice;
mount /some/where blockdevice; cp binary /some/where;
/some/where/binary; umount /some/where

?
	-is
--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of