Subject: Re: Emulation pointer wanted
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/15/1999 10:29:12
>> [emulate slow-machine A on fast-machine B]
> It should be done so that you can run nested emulations (Linux on
> i386 on alpha).

I expect this to be significantly harder to do, though it should be
possible.  Not in the first version. :-)

>> (b) Emulating failure modes
> This includes writing out core's appropriate for the emulated
> architecture.

Eventually, perhaps.  Someone pointed out signal delivery, which I was
going to punt on, but now realize I have to emulate it at least a
little, because some programs use signals during normal operation (the
commonest signals thus used are, I suspect, SIGALRM and SIGCHLD).

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca