Subject: Re: Non-512-byte sectors
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/14/1999 07:18:39
I've started adding support to the various filesystems in the UBC branch,
but it's not tested with a non-512-byte device since, uh, I don't have any.
probably the easiest way to test it is to hack the sd driver to pretend to
have 1024-byte sectors and translate the offsets back to 512-byte units
in sdstrategy().

the consensus on how we would support this was that a buf's b_blkno should
be interpreted as "sectors" and we should remove DEV_BSIZE and DEV_BSHIFT
eventually since the existence of these constants implies that sector size
is constant.

-Chuck