Subject: Re: what happened to the lm75(?) driver?
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/1999 14:55:47
[ On , September 13, 1999 at 09:09:41 (-0700), M Graff wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: what happened to the lm75(?) driver?
>
> Do you have such a script?  :)

No, but I do know of several that would be very near to accomplishing
the task, eg. those intended for extracting documentation from code.

I do believe there are also lots of algorithms around to help do fuzzy
matching of English text so that we could classify and group different
notices.  Explicit style rules would help even more.  One solid and
widely acceptable template where individual developers could select
additional pre-written terms to meet their needs would be ideal.

I suspect the only way we'd get sufficient consensus on the latter
option would be if TNF spent good money on an excellent IP lawyer who
was intimately aware of *international* copyright quirks.

--
							Greg A. Woods