Subject: Re: what happened to the lm75(?) driver?
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: M Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/1999 09:21:08
Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com> writes:

> If the only sticking point is that some authors want their name in a
> top-level AUTHORS file in the source tree wouldn't it be possible to
> accommodate that wish?  (Say with a fixed format string that is
> grepped for and appended to /usr/src/AUTHORS).
>
> Or are their other sticking points???

To me, I want my name attached with the very file I edit.  I don't
care if they reproduce the license in documentation, but I would like
mention of my name in that documentation.

In short, my wishes:

	(1) Credit MUST remain in the source files,

	(2) Credit MIGHT be given in documentation for non-profit
	    uses.

	(3) Credit MUST be given in documentation for profit use.

	(4) Noone can sue me over the code.

I might be willing to concede on (3) if I were reasonably certain TNF
were looking out for my interests with their standard licnse.  As
things stand now I feel I need to look out for myself.

--Michael