Subject: Re: what happened to the lm75(?) driver?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/1999 17:20:02
On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 10:57:07AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> I've often wondered about the apparent conflict between those two
> clauses in such licenses.  Some, like yours, specifically exempt from
> one clause uses necessary to satisfy the other:

I see (a) some conflict exploding soon because this is being discussed
in an inappropriate forum (no criticism, I appreciate the need); (b) the
need for this particular problem to be addressed at a less emotional
level (I think Greg is being extremely level-headed, and so has been
everyone else to a lesser or greater extent) while perhaps allowing for
greater emotional expression - we're human, some of us :-)

(c) This is not an issue that can be resolved by logic alone and (d) such
issues (I like to call them religious) have a natural affinity for schisms
and NetBSD will suffer greatly if such a schism were to occur in the near
future.

(e) I, for one, have a few issues of a religious nature I would like to
present for discussion in a forum where it is understood a priory that
particularly heretic issues are meant to be raised, so that they are
taken in the right spirit.

So, all this really just to suggest that we set up an additional mailing
list for heretical thinking.  Pretty please?  And can we continue to
discuss Greg's copyright notice there?

++L